San Gervasio archeological site is located north east of San Miguel, about 30 minutes from the cruise port of Puerta Maya, the most distant cruise terminal from this place. It's a small site, compared to Tulum, which is still accessible from cruise ship with a longer trip. But it's still a very famous maya ruin site. In 1560, the Spanish historian, Diego Lopez de Cogolludo, wrote: "The pilgrims arrive at Cozumel for the fulfillment of their vows to offer their sacrifices, to ask help for their needs, and for the mistaken adoration of their false gods." The bishop of Yucatán, Diego de Landa, wrote in 1549 that the Maya "held Cozumel in the same veneration as we have for pilgrimages to Jerusalem and Rome, and so they used to go to visit and offer presents there, as we do to holy places; and if they did not go themselves, they always sent their offerings."