15 Min by walk from the Cruise Port. La Mision de San Jose del Cabo Añuiti, or the Church of San Jose, was a landmark often visited by Spanish and English privateers navigators for almost two centuries. The mission was finally established in 1730. While the mission was transferred on the beach in 1735, was re-established in the original site in 1753. The mission withstood floods, epidemics and diseases until it was not abandoned in 1840. The beautiful San Jose The church that stands today was built in 1940, near the site of the original mission. It has a lovely mosaic on the facade of the main entrance that tells the killing of the missionary Tamaral by Pericues living in the region.